River Radio of Southern Illinois Contest Rules
These are our “Basic” contest rules for all contests broadcasted on the following River Radio Stations: WOOZ-FM (99.9), WCIL-FM (101.5), WUEZ-FM (95.1), WXLT-FM (103.5), WJPF-AM (1340) and WCIL-AM (1020). Each contest may require more definitive qualifications and/or eligibility rules. If such rules are required for specific River Radio contests, they will be included below.
These rules are observed by each of the River Radio Stations, including, but not limited to, their respective websites, including their Twitter Feed and Facebook Page or their other social media outlets.
By entering a River Radio contest, you agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
- Only one entry per household and only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30 day period.
- To be eligible to win any prize from River Radio, you must not have won anything in the past 30 days, or any prize valued at $600 or more in the last 12 months, prizes awarded to an ineligible listener will be considered null and void, and an alternative eligible winner may be named by River Radio.
- A 1099 MISC form will be completed and filed with the I.R.S. for each winner who has won a prize with a total value of $600 or more. Furthermore all local, state and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- In the event of a tie, winners will be decided by a random drawing or flip of the coin. All River Radio contest decisions are final.
- River Radio reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that the person was the winner.
- Whenever you call any of the River Radio Studio numbers you are agreeing to have your name, voice and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material. You grant us permission to broadcast the call or record it for later broadcast. As a winner of a River Radio contest, your voice, name and/or likeness may be used for promotional, broadcast, internet or social media purposes.
- River Radio is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In the event of telephone line or cell phone malfunctions, the decision of River Radio will be final. River Radio is not responsible for dropped calls or loss of connection during any contest.
- Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize. Unless otherwise stated, no prizes will be mailed and must be picked up in person from the River Radio studios in Carterville, IL within 30 days of the awarding of the prize. Failure to pick-up prize within 30 days may result in forfeiture of the prize. If prize is mailed, River Radio is not responsible for any delays in receipt, or loss of prize caused by the mail system.
- River Radio may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. River Radio will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
- River Radio, its agency, and representatives or co-sponsors shall not be liable for any claim, injury or damage from any River Radio contest or a prize awarded in any contest.
- River Radio has no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with transportation to the station, or with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
- River Radio reserves the right to end the contest at any time.
- Employees or immediate family members of River Radio it’s participating sponsors, affiliated advertising agencies and their immediate family members may not participate in contests conducted by River Radio.
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
- River Radio reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The decision of River Radio is always final.
- In respect to any disputes with regard to any River Radio contests, the decision of River Radio will be final.
- River Radio contest rules may be requested during regular business hours excluding holidays (Monday-Friday from 8am until 5pm) or online at the respective River Radio station’s website.
The following rules are specific to electronic (internet, email or online forms) contests on River Radio Stations.
- Time delay between over-the-air analog signal and other signal delivery: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the station online may hear contest information or a cue to call in later than listeners listening to any River Radio analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning this Contest may be diminished.
- Any problems with the internet or email are not the responsibility of River Radio.
- For any contest requiring an on line entry form: all required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.